Positive Focus Sunday - Back to School!

 



It's the time of year when kids go back to school. 

I love school. I could be the eternal student. 

Unfortunately, the costs of going to college to take courses is a tad out of my budget. However...

I turn 65 in less than 3 weeks.

And with 'officially' becoming a senior citizen mid-September, there is another great thing in my opinion.

I CAN AUDIT CLASSES FOR FREE!

Yep, I can take 1 class a semester at UNC Charlotte starting in January. And I am so excited.

I firmly believe, at least for me, I need to keep 'learning' and using the few brain cells I have left in a positive way. 

With everything from Creative Writing to history of China to horticulture classes, I can enroll and my expenses will only be my books and parking. Plus, with working part-time and having a job which is flexible about my hours, I can arrange the class around my work schedule easily. And, the campus is actually on my way home.

Although I have to wait until 'real' students pick classes in order to select the class I want to audit, there are enough class choices I can pick something I like. My only trouble will be selecting which one I want to take.

Now that the rush for the fall semester is winding down, I'll go in and officially register to audit classes. Then in October the schedule comes out for the Spring 2023 semester. I'll register for the class I want the end of October. Then it will be getting my textbooks and parking sticker for the spring and figuring out beforehand where to park for the class.

Stay tuned for my course selection!



Comments

Popular Posts