Week in Review - August 8 - 14, 2022



This past week has been one of contrasts.

The week started out as normal - hot and humid - but my co-worker was back from being out with covid. So it was a bit more relaxed and I had my two days off as normal. 

I had brought down some sewing and was making real progress on my Mariner's Compass quilt top. 

Then it hit!

I came home Thursday from work and felt like I had been hit by a bus. Tired, low fever, chills, body aches. So Friday morning I dragged my self into Urgent Care and took 'THE TEST'. 

While the test was negative, the doctor felt it was a false reading and wanted me to stay at home and retest today (Monday). 

I took ibuprofen and rested for the next couple of days. The most strenuous thing I was doing was sewing on my quilt top and bringing in a 5.5 foot Italian squash from the garden.

Sunday I felt much more like myself - thankfully. And while I have enjoyed a bit of enforced R-and-R, I am more than ready to head back into work. 

But I have to retest this morning and then I want to come home and start putting all the parts of the Mariner's Compass quilt together. I still have to cut out the parts to expand the quilt to queen size, but the main part of the quilt will hopefully be done. I am loving this so much and have in my mind to go back upstairs and look for other quilts to work on.

So it's back to normal - well, as 'normal' as my life gets!

 

Comments

Popular Posts