Food and Fiber Friday - So Much Going On!

Well...

In my typical practice, if I don't have 1000 irons in the fire, I'm not happy! 

Beyond about a dozen books I am in the process of reading (and yes, I can remember, while reading, what has gone before), I have several quilting, knitting and 'foodie' projects in the works. And this will be a quick review! 

Maybe...



I'm not going into the cross stitch projects I have sitting beside the couch. For some reason, I really need a long binge-watching session to work on those. However, this is a simple knit I am working on. 

A nice scarf, all knitted, an easy repeating pattern and a great project to pick up and put down. Only downside is I have to be sure to put it up as the cats seem to believe it is a toy for them to play with.

Actually, there is a second piece I am knitting with determination as I have a deadline for this piece. But I can't share it right now as I am test knitting for the designer (along with several other people). That will have to wait until I can reveal what I'm doing. 





My temporary design wall set-up.

Until I can get upstairs and organize boxes, I don't really have a place to put a design wall for quilting. I needed something in order to place pieces and see what they look like. It's not big enough for my needs on a permanent basis. In fact, I may relocate it to my room and hang it over my closets there which are wider. 





This is part of the Mariner's Compass quilt. And while sewing the 'parts' together was relatively easy, sewing the parts together makes my eyes cross! In fact, a strip on the right hand side I had to rip out and resew 4 times until I said 'F*** it'. 

So, I have the Mariner's Compass quilt out and ready to work on when my mind is in the right place to accomplish that kind of detail work.

However, in looking for something in my bins upstairs, I found the parts of another Judy Niemeyer quilt, Wandering Stars, a pattern she no longer offers (that I can find). 




Rows are done and now need to be sewn together. Then it's putting together some more little parts, but much, much easier than the Mariner's Compass quilt. So I will hopefully have the top all together by this weekend. I am thinking I want, for the backing, something which has stars and moons and planets on it. 

After this is sewn together, I have 3 piles of fabric for 3 quilts I want to make. Simple, my own design, out of fabric in the same collection, revolving around a main panel or focus pieces. 

I am really happy with all I have going on with fabric and fiber right now. Especially since I am getting things done or at least transforming it into a different stage of it's evolution. Kind of like Pokemon for crafting!














Comments

Popular Posts