Seedy Saturday - Garden Still Blooming...

...and I'm not!

In fact, I'm in 'lock-down'.

Seems I was 'gifted' a bout of covid. Went in for testing immediately and the doctor feels I have a false negative reading and wants me confined for a couple of days and come back and get retested. Not liking this! But if you have read yesterday's post, you know I have plenty to keep me busy.

However...

The temperatures are moderating a bit, so much so I have the windows open early this morning to air out the house. Get the 'bad coodies' out and let in a bit of fresh air.

Unfortunately, while I was awaiting this cool down from the 90's, I am so fatigued from whatever has invaded my body, I have zero energy to mow and bale my back yard. And mow the front again. Sigh...

Still, the garden isn't letting me down with delights.




My moonflower, which I felt had been eaten by the cypress vine has emerged with huge, lovely blooms. And it smells so good. I think next year I am going to plan a bit better and have some growing on the front porch so they will be closer to being able to be smelled at night.

Huge blooms which seem to glow in the dark. They are so much fun to watch them unfurl in the dusk, opening up to these large, 6-8 inch flowers.

Hanging out by the porch in all it's 7-8 foot glory is my balloon milkweed - or 'Hairy Balls' - by it's nickname.

It finally started flowering and now it's starting to 'grow balls'.




They are tiny now, but will grow to the size of a tennis ball. I can't wait. I want to harvest the seed pods for friends and for myself. I want to have a big patch of milkweed in the yard next year.

But for now I'll try to sit back and sew and enjoy the cooler (in the 80's rather than 90's) weather. 





Comments

Popular Posts