Positive Focus Thursday - It's the Little Things


Fingers crossed the two little 'growths' on the right are flower stalks emerging. It would be so awesome. This phal is in the bathroom beside the tub and seems to be doing well.

Along with its buddy, Fiddle Leaf Fig #1...


Who is putting out new leaves right and left (or up and up, depending on your point of view).

Which brings me to 'little things'.

How often do we think its that big vacation or that luxury car or the honking-big rock on our finger that makes us happy? When actually if we slow down and take a moment, it's the little things which bring us a sense of satisfaction and a smile to our face. 

Also upstairs, and recently transplanted into a larger pot, is a peperomia.


It's nestled in a pot with a couple of 'pups' from my succulents.

A tour around the house this week pointed this out to me. In less than 30 minutes my mood had improved and I feel 'good'.


While my nasturtium and hyacinth bean vines just aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing, I do have one. One nicely growing, transplanted (and not dying yet) and hopefully will make it well outside this summer.

Sometimes a sense of pleasure and satisfaction and 'happy' can be achieved just by moving things around.

The moving cart I had the bulk of the plants on downstairs was overflowing! And I needed to make some room and move items around. So...



The heavy side table I picked up off the curb a couple of months ago and which has been sitting in the garage, I moved it inside. I could pull things off the window sill and put my herb garden on it. My thyme and oregano are still little, but they seem to be thriving.


This allows me to give more space to 'Cindy', my Montana violet.


It's the only surviving leaf which came from Montana. I suck at growing violets from leaves, unlike the Queen of School Buses, who looks at a leaf and it immediately grows roots and puts out other leaves. But now I have one 'regular' violet (which is putting on flower buds) and one variegated violet.

Another 'small thing', which is getting bigger and heavier and more yellow every day, is my first lemon on 'Mike' Meyer Lemon.


We all have to remind ourselves to take a minute and to look around and find pleasure in our surroundings. 








Comments

Popular Posts