Positive Focus Thursday - Just When You Think...

I'm 61. 

I'll be 62 in 6 months. 

I'm too old (in my opinion) to be raising a soon-to-be six-year-old. Or at least in my mind, I am. After all, both my daughters are in their 20's now. Then I see the report on TV about how multi-generational families are a good thing. 

Humph!

And then this...


A school performance in which Lady K knew all the words and moves to the songs. 

Oh. Did I mention I just signed up to be a school volunteer so I can take my tiny tomato plants (Red Robin and Totem Cherry tomatoes) to school so the kids can plant their own plants?

And just when I think about giving it all up and canceling my 'grandmother' card...


So I guess I'm 'stuck' being Grandma for a while longer.

Luckily, our rain has stopped for a bit and we have been getting mornings like this...


It makes going to the bus stop in the morning bearable.

So does this...


My neighbor found out I love Starbuck mugs as much as she does and that I wanted/needed a North Carolina mug. She didn't find the NC one but found a Charlotte mug instead. I'm happily sipping out of this one this morning.

While at school this week, I caught a glimpse of this...


Plus, while taking Texter on a round of doctor appointments to find out what is wrong with her, I stayed in the car reading.


Sunshine! And warm temperatures. Not too hot and not too cool. Just right. Basking in the sunshine and reading a good book.


The reflection of budding trees was lovely.

And my new 'lawn boy'!


I borrowed Savvy's mower all last year. Hefting it into the back of the van and lugging it and gas to/from my house. So I broke down and bought 'Joe'. He's a cordless, electric mower. Charge him up and push a button and off he goes. A couple of things I have already discovered which I am in love with...

  • Quiet! No loud mower noise.
  • Chops up the grass into super small pieces which is really great for using the clippings as mulch.
  • I can pick him up with one hand he's so light.
  • I don't have to mess with gas.
  • I don't have to pull and pull on a cord to get him started. So much easier on my shoulder and wrist.


While I shouldn't be complaining about grey days and rain when my friends in Montana are still dealing with snow, I am delighted to be able to set out seedlings for a few hours every day to toughen up before planting them. However, I think it's really strange they keep sending me pictures of one finger to show me they have gotten another foot of snow. Or at least that's what I think they are telling me.








Comments

Popular Posts