Week In Review - February 24 - March 2

It has continued to be one of those weeks.


Cool, grey, rainy. 

Some mornings has been a bit foggy at the bus stop. In fact, Friday afternoon, taking Lady K to meet up with her dad was pouring rain for most of the way to the hand-off point. And today, at the time we are to meet up for the exchange, is once again, supposed to be pouring down rain.


It has been warm enough for the trees to start blooming (and my nose can attest to that!). Redbud, tulip magnolias and Bradford Pears (yuck) are in bloom. If you read yesterday's post here, you know I have spring fever so bad and have tons of seedlings started inside. They are helping me make it through the grey days of February and March.


On the mornings where we have had some sunshine, it looks fantastic through the plants in the east-facing kitchen window. Such a delight!

I feel like I am just dragging around the house. No work at GameStop since last Sunday. And I couldn't figure out exactly what I was getting accomplished. I certainly wasn't putting in hours on my work-from-home job. The house wasn't being cleaned. When I started pulling together a couple of items for this post I realized what I had been doing...

10 Books Finished this past week!

And I finally made it through Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson - my audiobook. Now I have to get a copy of Words of Radiance, which is Book 2 in the series. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem the library has it on any of their services. Sigh...

But, fingers crossed, something I thought I might have 'lost', might actually grow!

I had a peony which was poorly potted (my fault) which I drove from Montana and had it sitting outside all summer and winter. Actually, I thought it had died this fall and I just left it in the little pot. I was pulling out the dead plant and I noticed on one of the little tubers there was a tiny 'white spot' - as in possible new growth maybe? So I popped it into a container with some potting soil and hopefully, it will grow for me.

Otherwise this week...

  • Three posts written
  • Finally logged expenses for the week (February has not been kind to me!)
  • Baked 2 loaves of bread
  • Baked a batch of cookies and took to Savvy for her last day at her old GameStop store (she's in a new location)
  • Found out I will be 'moving forward' with GameStop - more training to come which will mean more hours
  • Took Texter in for an MRI early in the morning on Saturday (getting closer to figuring out what's ailing her
  • Dug up the mint I set out last summer and put it into two pots

For the coming week (another round of rain coming, but with some clear days in between)...

  • Taking Lady K next week again to her dad's
  • Hours at GameStop next weekend, so I need to max out hours early during the week for my work-from-home
  • Replant the hollyhock seeds which didn't germination - soaked them first this time
  • Plant sugar snap pea seeds to transplant in the next couple of weeks
  • CLEAN HOUSE!
  • Get some fabric/fiber time in

But for now, as the skies are clouding up, I need more coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts