Week in Review - March 24 - 30

Well, March is just about over with. 

Yesterday (Saturday) was lovely. In the 70's, sunny. Just the right day to haul several trays of seedlings outside for some hardening off. 

I had some items I needed at the grocery store and needed to pick up a DVD at the library, so it seemed just the right kind of day for a trip to Farmer's Market to see what is happening locally.

Butter was on my list. I had made a Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake (2 actually) and needed more butter.


So a tub of fresh, local butter seemed to be the thing to get, followed up by these...


Mixed lettuces, local strawberries and free-range eggs!

Which became this...


What a great way to start a rainy Sunday morning!

However, we will not mention the 3 tomato plants which followed me home.

While I bought 2.5 dozen eggs, Savvy came over and went home with half a dozen eggs. And I'll take some over to Texter when I go pick up Lady K today. But I'm not sharing my strawberries!

The kittens, which are now one week without Momma Cat, are thriving. They seem to be doing well with my efforts at feeding them and are starting to look at the milk in a bowl. Savvy and Mr. Arizona came over and did a feeding for me. Maybe a home for one or two of them hopefully.

Finished up my first week of training at Food Lion this week. I love it! Of course, I am having to get used to being on my feet for 6 hours at a time again. Luckily, they do have a padded mat behind the registers for us. In a couple of weeks, we will be moving over to the new store to get it set up for the opening which should be May 1.

But because I am now 'working' again, I hit over 5000 steps 5 out of 7 days last week. And the other 2 days I was close, over 4000 steps. Even Saturday, where I did a lot of work-from-home, I did manage to hit over 6000 steps. A walk around Farmer's Market and carrying trays of plants up and down stairs let me do that easily.

Otherwise this week...
  • Repotted and seeded plants
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Finished 1 book (it was large)
  • Pork butt in the crockpot for BBQ sandwiches this coming week

This coming week...
  • Getting my NC drivers license and tags (WAY overdue)
  • The first week of being on the registers by myself (well, actually the 2nd)
  • Getting swap gifts for a gardening swap, I need seeds and a couple of 'gadgets' and something sweet and Easterish
  • Doing some planning and goal setting for the 2nd quarter of the year

But for now, I think a morning nap is in order. 





Comments

Popular Posts