Food and Fiber Friday - I Did a Thing!

So this isn't really about food or fiber. 

But it is kind of about fiber as I sit on the couch to knit or crochet, watching TV. 

Anyway...

Since I got the couch (which is just perfect!), I moved the TV stand slightly so it is sitting across a corner of the living room (which is tiny). Moving it allowed me to put one of my bookcases between it and another bookcase. Works well. Except...

There is a huge area of blank wall over the TV area which I find myself staring at. 

And because I have been binge watching Good Bones and keeping my eyes out for design ideas for around my home. I just knew I needed to add art on the walls. 

Normally, as in the past 60 years, I haven't really been concerned about hanging art on my walls. But in this home I have plenty of wall space - blank wall space - which needs 'something'.

I had an 'AH-HA' moment and decided to take one of my digital art pictures and have it printed out as a poster in the 24 x 36 inch size. Pair it with an IKEA frame and see what happens.



I picked this picture of banana leaves which I turned into a watercolor-like picture. In a way it is almost an abstract. But I thought the colors would also look good against the grey walls and with all the plants around the room.




I think I nailed the proper size for the space on the wall! 




I think I may add 3 smaller pictures to the corner. One over the bookcase and two (or three) on the other side of the corner. Plus...

I want to get a large plant in the corner behind the TV. There is space for a crate to set a plant on to make it taller. I can see something like a palm or bird of paradise in the corner. 

One great thing about this picture 'thing' I have going is the frames are really affordable at IKEA. And so is printing out large pictures. I plan to have more printed out and change the pictures out seasonally. I can rotate the pictures when I get tired of the current one. It is also a great chance to display my own artwork. 

So for now, some knitting on the couch and loving my TV corner. 





Comments

Popular Posts