Whatever Thursday - A Terrible Fall of Angels

Upfront - There might be a couple of spoilers. I'll try not to be too giving with information, but just a heads up.

Ok.

Anyone who knows me, knows I ADORE anything Laurell K. Hamilton has written. I do have a couple of books I need to repurchase to fill in gaps which have occurred due to house fires and moving, but I have all her books. And I do go back an reread them when I get in the mood and nothing else sounds good.

So...

She has started a new series...(big heave and a sigh)

You see, I need to find out what is happening with the babies in her Merry Gentry series and I need to see if THE wedding will happen in her Anita Blake series. But no! She has to start a new series with A Terrible Fall of Angels.




However, I preordered in and awaited it's arrival.

Let me preface this by saying I am not a fan of angels. I just don't 'do' angels. Give me vampires, ghosts, shape shifters, goblins, trolls, demons...you get the idea...and I'm fine. But I don't 'do' angels.

So I was pretty skeptical going into any book which has someone communing with angels. 

Why, oh why, didn't I trust Laurell? 

Yes, there are angels. And everyone gets an angel or two at birth. They are always with you. But humans have free will, so you have to ask for angelic assistance in specific ways. 

And there is a College of Angels - for those who are gifted in various ways in communicating with angels.

The trouble is the College of Angels is a wee bit anti any other belief system. Sound familiar? And once you go into the college, you really aren't supposed to come out and live among the rest of us. Unless you 'drop' out, in a manner of speaking. 

Which is what Zaniel Havelock did. And now he is a detective on the police force in their metaphysical unit. We are talking witches, shamans, and the like all working together. 

But where there are angels, there are demons. And Zaniel must work to stop a killer before he strikes again. And again. 

Plus learning some truths about the College of Angels and a couple of school buddies he grew up with in the College. And working on saving his marriage. 

So my take on this new series?

Once again, Laurell has made me love her. There is a lot of interesting information about angels and animal totems, much of which appeals and follows how I believe. Zaniel is flawed, but someone I would really enjoy meeting. Also, a lot of the information about angels, totems, various belief systems, really makes you think and do some 'soul searching' of your own beliefs. This is going to be another great series.

But I still need to know about Merry and Anita! Any angelic leaks?



Comments

Popular Posts