Week in Review - August 9-15, 2021


This past week has been hot! Hot and humid.

But 'Fred' and 'Grace' are visiting this week and I am looking forward to a week of rain. 

It's been a pretty uneventful week. Mainly dealing with putting together my bed from IKEA which I have been ogling for a year or so. Despite the issues I had actually buying it (wrong color was walked out with first and issues getting it loaded), and my frustration getting it together, I am loving it!

Texter lended a hand putting the bed together after I had put together the headboard which is also a bookcase. With four large drawers under the bed, I was able to move my dresser, which was too small, to the bathroom for storage. And still have room left over!

It was also week of turning bananas into pudding and trifle for work. And a load of bananas into the freezer for smoothies.

Slider is getting bigger and bigger. What is really funny is he can actually give a little jump and get up on the bed. I moved the chaise lounge across the room to improve the area between the bed and the desk. However, he forgets he can jump up on the bed. So there is sometimes a bit of a struggle to get up on the bed at night. It's funny to watch. I really can't lift him up as he is about 50 pounds now. And has become a 'counter thief'. I have to remember to push food back from the edge of the counter if I leave the kitchen for a minute.

A knit-a-long from Casapinka started on Saturday with the yarns pictured above. This is my first time using yarn from The Fibre Studio in Charlotte. Not only did I buy yarn there, I have signed up for a technique class on sweater knitting. I'm excited to start in September.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked 24.6 miles
  • Finished 2 books
  • Finished 1 knitting project and started another
  • Started rearranging furniture in my bedroom

This coming week...

  • Make plum jelly and can more tomatoes
  • Attend library mini-book making class
  • Lady K comes for the weekend
  • Two days off this week - and it is supposed to be rainy! Looking forward to that.

But for now, shower, coffee and off to work with Texter! 

 

Comments

Popular Posts