Week in Review - August 2 - 8, 2021


The 'biggie' this week is that Texter is now working with me! 

With Lady K at her dad's now, she will be coming to work with me and cutting up fruit and veggies too during the week. This is give her some spending money and still allow her to work on her health and be off on the weekends when we have Lady K. 

However, she 'tangled' with Slider after work and wiped out on the front walk and skinned up her left arm and hand. Note to self - while Slider is having fun playing in the water while I water, when he gets the zoomies don't get in his way!

So while she is recuperating (she did go to work the next day anyway), I am knitting and watching The Mandalorian on DisneyPlus. Ok - the ending! I did finish a small shawl and blocked it. When I get off my ass, it will be wrapped up and mailed off.

Speaking of mailing, I ordered several 'fun' stamps in order to set up a letter kit for Lady K so she can write her mother and me. This is the result of a couple of FaceTimes with her this past week. 

While I have my knitting mojo back, I went to a new-to-me yarn shop and signed up for a technique class on sweater knitting. It starts in September and I can't wait. In the meantime, I am doing a couple of knit-a-longs to keep me busy. Now I need to figure out where one of the tubs of yarn is.

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Walked 24 miles
  • Slider has a new harness and leash 
  • Mowed the yard and edged the front walk with my new edging shovel
  • Made a large pot of potato soup

This coming week...

  • Crafting event at the library
  • Filling in for a co-worker
  • Fiber market locally - will visit
  • Knit-a-long starts on Saturday
  • Locate the missing bin of yarn (which I saw recently but don't remember which closed I put it in)

However, need to get a move on, eat breakfast and off to work!

 

Comments

Popular Posts