Week in Review - August 16 - 23, 2021


It's been a busy week. I had only one day off due to my co-worker had her second covid shot and did feel good. Plus she is in the process of selling her home and one of her adult sons was in the hospital for some stints to be put in. So me working 7 days in a row and only have one day off is tiny compared to her 'to-do' list.

However, Texter and I did some seasonal shopping. Way too much I might say, so the belt is tightening like crazy. but I love my display I have set up. I'll have to take a 'tour' of it later. Actually, we are prepping for Halloween already! I did manage to finally get some lights for over my desk that I have been wanting. 

I stopped at Blossom Bakery in Bessemer City one day for lunch. It's only a few minutes away. Besides a really tasty hamburger, they do orangeade, a favorite of Texter and mine. Both were so good. I can tell I will be back, probably more often than I should. 

The bedroom is rearranged. I switched out were my altar and hutch were with the really large coffee table and the trunk with decades worth of journals stored in it. I put the trunk on top of the coffee table so now the cats are eye level with the view out the window. 

It took me a day or two to realize the REAL reason the cats were now living on the trunk...they are about 20 feet (or less) away from the bird feeder in the front yard. Kitty TV! Plus they get the morning sun which is much nicer than the hot, hot afternoon sun. 

Lady K started third grade on Monday! They start a week early than here in North Carolina. But she loves her two teachers and has already made friends (surprise! lol). Her first 'testing' starts this year and, in fact, will take place this week. Fingers crossed.

The garden is saying 'enough' for the most part. Temperatures are staying in the 90's with not much rain.  The tomatoes, since they are in 5 gallon containers, have pretty much given up the ghost. I, on the other hand, have a yard which is ready to bale as it has either been too hot, too wet or both. Sigh.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 2 books
  • Walked at least 19 miles this week. There were a couple of times I was without my watch.
  • Canned a couple more pints of tomatoes
  • Attended a craft event at the library
  • Received the latest Laurel K. Hamilton book (more on that later)
  • Slider had his first 'spa day' at the groomers
  • Picked up Lady K for the weekend
  • Started back on some family genealogy research

This coming week...

  • Mow the damn yard!
  • Trim the sidewalk and under the front fence (by hand as I don't have a weed eater)
  • Clear up some of the garden mess which is done for the year
  • Start planning my Hobonichi order for the 1st of September
  • Knit
  • Meal plan for better eating

But for now, it's my day off. I've already spend 2 hours in the yard sweating and clipping and edging. It's over until later today...like wwaaaaayyyy later.



 

Comments

Popular Posts