Food and Fiber Friday - Thanksgiving!

Yesterday was a day to be thankful. It was my first 'holiday' in my new home.




And even though Texter and Lady K are in Florida and Savvy was doing a 'fly-by' to quickly eat and go to work, I don't know how to 'cook small'.

When I made up the menu for Thanksgiving, it was starch, starch and more starch. But hey, it's a special day. Plus, since I couldn't just do a little bit, I was giving food away to Savvy and to my old GameStop manager.  So large bags of food went out the door and were delivered. Plus I'm having a meet-up with a friend tomorrow and will hand off Thanksgiving leftovers to her, as she too was alone for Thanksgiving. 

The rolls had to be my favorite thing! It was from one of my favorite YouTubers, Joshua Weissman. The recipe is in his past videos, but also in his cookbook - An Unapologetic Cookbook. Every recipe of his that I have tried have been successful. But these rolls!

Of course, I am sitting here with a black eye today. Wednesday night I reached over my head while laying in bed and pulled my iPad down onto my face. Huge goose egg on my forehead right over my right eye. Which means today I have a watery right eye and bruising. Wish my 'story' was more exciting than I hit myself in the face with an iPad. 

But it's time to get dressed and head to work. At least I don't have to cook for the next few days. Plus I am making turkey stock for turkey and dumplings and/or turkey soup starting next week. Love having meal plans in the bag!



Comments

Popular Posts