Week in Review - October 25 - 31, 2021


It's been a fun week, ending up with an overnight with Lady K and carving, or at least attempting to, pumpkins. 

It's also been a fairly quiet week. I did make 4 pecan pies and a double batch of glazed pecans to distribute to Savvy, my manager, a friend and Texter. 

I have managed to get some knitting done on my sweater, despite not being able to attend a couple of the classes. And the arm on the 'thingy' in my toilet is cracked, so I have to remove the top and flush by hand. Guess what I get to do this coming week?

Work is busy. We cut and dice and people are buying it like crazy. On one hand it's good. On the other, it means I'm working 5 days a week instead of 4, like I would really like to. Maybe after the first of the year. 

Sunday night was spent on the couch watching 'Dune' on HBOMax. Wow! Loved the scenery and will make a point of seeing it on the big screen just for that alone. But watching the movie I am so glad I have read the three books set before Dune which explain a lot of what is going on. Of course, I now have to reread Dune since it has been decades since I first read it to see if certain things are explained in that book, as well as being in the first 3 books. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 5 books, 3 of which were Middle Grade reads
  • Walked 21 miles
  • Took Slider for a long walk in the park
  • Did have a day of a misty rain. Now if we could have about a week of it.

This coming week...

  • Starting NaNoWriMo
  • 'Puppy' check-up for Slider and the start of Domino's shots
  • Attend a sweater class
  • Gain an extra hour as daylight savings time ends

But for now, it's off to work and coming home to write.




 

Comments

Popular Posts