Week in Review - November 22 - 28, 2021



Whew!

It's been a week.

Work was busy since it was Thanksgiving week. We chopped and cut and it sold and sold and sold. 

But in all the work were some fun moments. 

I took in the strawberry cake I made and came home with my life-size black panther stuff animal. There is a story behind me wanting the panther. Growing up, I would have dreams about black panthers. I have felt it was sort of a totem animal. So I really wanted this stuffed animal. It now reclines on top of the basket behind the couch. Slider isn't sure what to think about it. 

While I cooked and cooked Thanksgiving food, Texter and Lady K headed to Florida with Mr. Cobra to celebrate with his family. It also included a trip to SeaWorld and Disney Village, so they were having a great time.

Back at my house, Savvy and Mr. Arizona dropped in for half a second on her way to work to eat. They left and I loaded up a bag full of food to take to my old GameStop manager. It worked out well as his father is with him now and he has been busy working, so they had a pseudo-Thanksgiving meal.

Then Saturday I traveled to Winston-Salem and met up with my dear friend to hand off 'leftovers' to her. We met at Reynolda Gardens and strolled a bit. Unfortunately, the greenhouses are closed on the weekend (bummer), but we both will be coming back in the spring/summer to see the gardens in bloom. Then we walked through the 'village' and had lunch at The Village Tavern.  Yummy!

Of course, grace in action here couldn't sleep on night. I reached over my head to grab a book and my iPad 'jumped' off the headboard and bashed me in the head. Because I had on my glasses, I probably got off lighter than I would have, but I had a HUGE goose-egg on my forehead. And over the next couple of days, bruising occurred on my eyes. I looked like I had dark purple eye shadow on. My story is I fell off my stripper pole and bashed my face. That sounds better. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked 20.9 miles
  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Finished only 1 book - bit too busy to read
  • Received the first 2 seed catalogs
  • Lots of budget and 2022 goal setting and planning

This coming week...

  • Getting some venison!
  • Making venison jerky
  • Card to Lady K
  • Starting some money challenges to save up for Christmas 2022

But for now, it's time for some breakfast and off to work. And then picking up the venison!

 

Comments

Popular Posts