Week in Review - November 1 - 7, 2021



Sigh.

I want to be in either Arizona or Hawaii. And not for the reasons you might expect.

I want to be in either state so there isn't this damn Daylight Savings Time change! My body is too old to be 'adjusting' twice a year like this. Anyway...

NaNoWriMo has started and a week in and I am already behind. However, I do plan on catching up (and hopefully exceeding) my word count over the next couple of days. In my defense, I have been a bit out of commission the past few days. 

Friday, after work, I was in the yard with Slider. Who, by the way, is now at 72 pounds and still growing. We were playing and trying to run off some energy (his, not mine) and he ran, I grabbed, jamming my index and middle fingers. To the point I announced to the entire neighborhood "God Bless America!"

So the remainder of Friday night was spent on the couch with an ice pack on my right hand and a glass of wine in the left. Just to be clear, using a corkscrew one-handed is not recommended.

Saturday morning I was at urgent care having x-rays taken. Being 'of a certain age' and female, broken bones are become more common. Luckily, my hand was just badly bruised. But it did mean a splint for a few days until some of the swelling went down. Which means not using big, sharp knives at work!

Recalling my weeks in a cast when I broke my wrist and had surgery on it, I have managed to do a few things. It is amazing how well you can unpack a freezer, throw away things and repack it. Time consuming, but doable.

Otherwise this week...

  • Made Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls from a fund-raising kit (they suck!)
  • Took Savvy pork BBQ, salad stuff and cannolis 
  • Went with Mr. Cobra and Texter to used book store
  • Asked my ex-Gamestop manager (he's still there, I'm not) if he wanted me to bring him Thanksgiving dinner to the store (he said yes)
  • Bought Lady K clothes for her Thanksgiving trip to Florida (she's growing like a weed)
  • Slider to vet for puppy-to-dog check-up (they lost his collar)
  • Domino to vet for his of his shots (2.1 pounds)
  • Knitted on my sweater
  • Walked 16.9 miles
  • Finished 4 books


This coming week...

  • WRITE! 
  • Letter to Lady K
  • Put up Halloween stuff and drag out the Christmas bin (if I can find it)
  • More knitting


But for now, more coffee and starting on the 11,000 words I need to catch up for NaNoWriMo! 



 

Comments

  1. Well, that was a heck of a week. Hope the next one is better. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts