Week in Review - November 15 - 21, 2021



The weather has been great all week. However, it is a rainy Monday morning and I'll be heading into work shortly. It will be a long 3 days before Thanksgiving cutting fruit and veggies.

I went back to 'my roots' yesterday at work and did to-go. Lots of the kids are out and they needed an extra body. So five hours of shopping. Fun, but I really like produce a bit better.

Couple of 'biggies' this week. One, I have started working on my 2022 plans, 'word of the year'. I think I'm tired of 2021. Well, actually the past 2 years. But I am really looking forward to 2022. The other biggie was I started on one of my 2022 plans which is increased space for displaying plants. I took a trip to Lowe's and got the materials for a 6 foot shelf over my kitchen window for the plants. Really liked how it turned out.

I have harvested a total of 19 lemons off my Meyer Lemon Tree this year. This is the first 'big' harvest off the tree, so it's apparently loving where it is now.

All my Thanksgiving/Christmas cacti are in bloom and looking the best I have ever had them. So summer on the front porch was a happy time for them.

Slider and I had a nice long walk one day in the park. It was a nice 4 mile stroll. I need to do more for him.

Sunday night, after work, I came home and made 2 strawberry cakes based mainly on this recipe from SugarSpunRun. I did use her Cream Cheese Frosting for the cake rather than the one with this recipe. I made 2 just in case, as one was a barter for a huge stuffed animal with a co-worker. The other one will be my breakfast and then slices to Savvy and Texter and friends.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked 16.8 miles
  • Finished only 1 book, but am in the middle of 3 different books
  • Finished all but a bit of Lady K's Christmas shopping
  • Started yet another crochet project 
  • Took food to Savvy 

This coming week...

  • Cook for Thanksgiving - everyone is either working or traveling, so making food bundles
  • Trip to Raleigh to drop off leftovers (which are the best part of Thanksgiving)
  • More planning for 2022
  • List of 'stuff' I want Texter to make on the new Cricut (my Christmas present to her)

But for now, a piece of strawberry cake, a shower and off to work. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts