Seedy Saturday - Blooming Inside!

The weather outside is heading toward winter. Sweaters have come out and leaves are turning colors and falling.

Inside, however, it's blooming!

First, I scored a bounty of fresh flowers which have filled up three vases.

























There is something about a vase of fresh flowers in the house which is uplifting. Three has me soaring!

And a chance remark by a friend had me searching through my 'reclaimed' orchids.




Looks like a flower spike! And it's one of three orchids which are putting out spikes. While it will be another month or two before it actually flowers, it is something to look forward do in January or February.

But to bridge the gap...






In fact, the white 'Christmas' cactus has even more open flowers this morning and is looking like a dream. When the lighting is better I'll probably take more pictures of it.

Actually, I need to go back and research the difference between Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter cactus. I know there is a difference in the shape of the 'leaves', but I don't know it off the top of my head. But I am so thrilled with how they are doing. I had them outside all summer and then when it started turning cold, I brought them inside. Then they budded up like troopers and are now flowering like crazy. The white one is in the lead.

But with the year heading toward winter and the new year on the horizon, seed catalogs have been ordered and I am doing a seed inventory. Winter sowing will be started shortly. Seed exchanges with friends are planned. 

The fun never ends! 





Comments

Popular Posts