Week in Review - September 26 - October 2, 2022



Along with a sore throat and feeling icky, I made it through Hurricane Ian. And that's not to make light of the devastation which has taken place in Florida and South Carolina. We got a lot of wind and rain, but not as much, or as heavy, as I was expecting. I made it through sipping hot tea and popping meds to combat a sore throat and a head which felt like it was going to explode.

However...

Before Ian hit, I went to the library and checked out just about every book they had on eating anti-inflammatory foods. I (along with my Montana ladies) are not only wanting to drop a few pounds, but to at least cut down on the pain of an aching body. 

Ok, I am aware of my number one culprit, which is sugar. I am a sugar addict! But with the aid and support of friends who are accompanying me on this 'journey', I am trying to turn some of my eating habits around. 

Another reason for this 'change' is in looking back on 18 years of blog posts, I have been attempting to make changes and lose weight for 18 years! That's really, really sad. But this time, I am 'determined'!

Anyway...

My house is full of fall flowers, which are really wonderful since it's been grey and gloomy for several days. But they do remind me I need to start finding places to put plants I bring in from outside in the next week or so.

Also, while at my local library, there was this cute cart set up for a 'Seed Bank' by the County Extension Office. While the seeds there were mainly cold-weather veggies (makes sense), I picked up Siberian Kale, Fordhook Swiss chard, Buttercrunch Lettuce, and Oregon Giant Snow Pea. I think I will go back and get some more to share with a young man I work with who is into gardening too. 

I have been going through 18 years of blog posts (still) to cull recipes I want to include in my family cookbook. And it has been pointing out a few things which I will go into at a later date. 

So other than basically sitting on the couch and reading, stitching or napping, I haven't done much this past week. Hopefully, this curd is out of my head and throat and I can move through the coming week feeling much better.

 

Comments

Popular Posts