Writing Wednesday - PrepTober and a Family Cookbook



Well, I have managed to comb through 18 years of blog posts to capture any recipes I might not have copies of in my recipe file(s). I have also gone through all the family cookbook stuff I have already copied from my mother's cookbook files years ago and culled some of the recipes I need to include in my family cookbook. 

Another item I have pulled is my copy of a copy of Mary Randolph's 1824 cookbook, The Virginia House-Wife. I would like to go back and do some research on exactly how I am related to her. 

So now, as part of my Preptober, I am creating a spreadsheet of the recipes I am including in my rendition of a family cookbook. There I am making a note of whether there is a 'story' behind the recipe and whether I need to recreate the dish and take pictures of it. 

Plus, I want to separate the recipes into categories like, breakfast, appetizers, cakes and cookies - you know the drill there. 

Of course, in doing the cookbook, I will also be going back through pictures from the past to see if I have anything on hand to go along with the recipes. 

Depending on how quickly this goes, I may be doing a bit of a change to Crystal Dragons outline and go into more detail on it. 

My hope is to have the cookbook, going with the title If You Cook, You Don't Have To Do The Dishes, will be written during NaNoWriMo this year and then do some editing in December. At least to the written portion. The pictures will have to be added in, probably in January. But I would really love to have this out to some beta readers in the new year. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts