Week in Review - August 21 - September 3, 2023



Yeah, it's been a busy couple of weeks!

Hurricane Idalia passed by. Unfortunately, it just came barely by my house so I didn't get as much rain as I hoped. Everyone I know, including someone in Florida, came through this ok. 

I started on Metformin for my diabetes. I have also started a 'Healthy Living With Diabetes' course through the county extension office. 

And right now I am in the middle of an 8-day stretch of work since I will be taking the end of the week off for A LOT of activities. So things are just coasting along with being in a 'work-rest' mode. 

Good news is my Hobonichi order for 2024 planners was made at 10:20pm on the 31st of August. That's after 11am 01 September in Japan. And then on Sunday I received notice my order has been shipped! So I am so excited and hope the package is delivered by the end of this week. 

I managed to 'kidnap' Texter after work in order to get my old mattress up the stairs to the spare bed. So that's out of the middle of the hallway between the living room and kitchen. I also managed to do a bit of decluttering and get 3 bags of 'stuff' to Goodwill. 

I got a bunch of muscadine grapes and juiced them. So good. And hopefully, I will be picking more on Friday. 

Found out my NEW GRANDBABY WILL BE A BOY! Looking forward to 15 February 2024!

On the August/September TBR I managed to get 6 books read. Plus they were all really good books, so I'm pleased. 

This coming week...

  • Healthy Living with Diabetes class
  • Med with Meds online class (learning how to eat 'Mediterranean Diet'
  • Grandparents Day at Lady K's school
  • Picking muscadines
  • Seeing Eddy Izzard with Miss Texas
  • Setting up Q4 plans

But for now, more reading and writing and dinner!

 

Comments

Popular Posts