Bookish Thursday - Bookshelves and 'Spooky' Reads

I have this whole 'idea' on what I want to do with my living room in the coming year. I want to repaint the walls a dark, sage green and put in tall, dark bookshelves since I have high ceilings. I can take the Ikea shelves and add an extension on top (and yes, I will anchor the shelves). 

Anyway...

I got this need to do a bit of rearranging the existing shelves over the past couple of weeks. Mainly to see if my idea for the future look will work.




There is an area on the wall I can't put a bookshelf because it's the vent for the AC unit. I have to be able to get to it easily to change out filters if nothing else. Also, on the far right side, I have the switches for the kitchen overhead lights. But I am thinking I can cut out an opening in the back of the new bookcase for access to the switches. 

Also, Target was having a clearance on the lights. The ambiance of the lights being on in a dark room is so cozy. Loving it. 

Turning to the books I have checked out, I realized I had a fun line-up of reads leading into October and the spooky season.




Ignoring the top book, which the title itself lends itself to being 'spooky', the rest are all 'house' centered!

The weather this week is turning a bit cooler, so this lineup seems to be the perfect lead-in for autumn and Halloween! Let's see if I scare myself. 




Comments

Popular Posts