Week in Review - September 11 - 17, 2023



I love these spiders in my garden. This one was 'webbing' on my porch and left me an egg sack nearby. But I love them. They get huge and look a bit scary. Anyway...

This week has been a bit up and down. First a bit of a sinus infection and then celebrated my 66th birthday!




I made a HUGE cannoli cake (more about that on Friday) and took some to share with the herb society at our monthly meeting. Then I took some to Texter and Mr. Cobra and the rest to work. Yes, I did leave a little bit for myself. But I have to say, this is the best version of a cannoli cake I'm made so far!

Earlier in the week a new young lady started to work with us, cutting fruit. Smart, cute and is doing an excellent job. Plus she doesn't mind working weekends! So huzzah!

After the herb society meeting I went to Camp North End for a 'book scoot'.





Saturday was a wonderful day outside, especially great for walking around Camp North End getting authors to sign my 'map' to be entered into a drawing. 

What was really fun was talking to these local, indie authors! They were all so nice and encouraging when I said I'm trying to become an indie author. But my follow-through sucks! 

Anyway, out of 8 authors, I bought books from 6 of them. My birthday present to myself (one of many I'm afraid to say...sigh). My plan/idea is twofold. One, I want to support local, indie writers. Because I may want to pick their brains in the future. Secondly, I plan to read the books by the end of the year and review each one, doing a post on them and their book. Granted I don't have more than a handful of followers, but maybe...

Plus, I'll leave reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. Anything to help promote them. 

While, yes Saturday was my birthday, Texter and Mr. Cobra made the trip down to South Carolina to watch Lady K play soccer. According to Texter, Lady K's team is 'orange' and she's named them the Goldfish. Mainly because that's what it looks like as they play. And the green team she named 'Popeye', because based on the size of the goalie, they have been eating their spinach. She swears they were a pro team!

But we will be making a couple of trips down there this week to watch a couple more games. I'm happy about the 2 hour drive in each direction because I'm not driving, someone else is! So I can sit in the back and knit and/or read for 4 hours!

The weather on Sunday was cool and drizzly. Chili was made, with plans for chicken and dumplings during the week. 

I did manage to get 2 books finished and am a little over halfway through Jade Legacy, the last book in the series. And I have ssssoooo many books to read!

This coming week...

  • Another soccer game
  • Picking up Lady K after her practice on Friday night for her weekend with us
  • The Master Gardener monthly meeting with a presentation on dahlias
  • Book Blog Review posted
  • Hopefully, making it to a 'Drunk Journaling' meet-up
  • The start of the Autumn Equinox and doing some fall decorating

But in the meantime, there will be some time spent in the yard today, starting to FINALLY get some garden work done.








 

Comments

Popular Posts