A Return to Illustrator

It's been about three years since I have 'fiddled' with Adobe Illustrator. I still use Photoshop a bit, but other than my assignments, Illustrator and I...

Well, we had an on-again-off-again relationship.

On Sunday, another blog I follow, Jessica at Pretty Prints and Paper talked about Skillshare and had a link for a couple of free months.

After spending a couple of hours bookmarking classes I wanted to check out, I decided to start with a project in Illustrator by Helen Bradley.

First, the video tutorial was excellent and I probably learned more in it than I did in my online class tutorials.

Second, my skills, while rusty, weren't totally gone. I still remembered quite a bit about how to use Illustrator. (We won't discuss how my layers got all messed up...sigh)

Anyway, the tutorial was great. We were creating a nighttime city scene and after a day of 'fiddling' with it, this is the results...



Not too bad for having been gone from Illustrator, and graphic arts in general, for three years.

I can't wait to do more of her 'lunch time' tutorials in both Illustrator and Photoshop.

Comments

  1. I admire anyone who can make images in any program like this! Seriously. It is a skill and not one that I have explored. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts