Week In Review - August 13 - 19

First, let me say, while I bitch and moan about the smoke and haze and smell coming from all the fires in Montana and other areas, my heart goes out to those who are in it's path. To those who have to evacuate. To those who are in areas where the smoke is beyond the unhealthy limit. The ranchers who have lost pasture land and now that nothing to feed the livestock they saved. And most of all, to those men and women who are putting their lives on the line to battle fire in conditions we can only imagine. May you be safe and come home.

--------------------------------------------

Now...boy has it been a week!

First off, a dear friend in North Carolina has a new 'man' in her life. 



This is Scooter. He's five and has a new forever home. She needed companionship and he needed someone to cuddle with. They are both really happy with the arrangement.

Texter has spent almost every day this week at college, assisting with orientation. She has been tapped for position in a couple organizations on campus, TRIO and Student Government and is excited about the additional opportunities to put skills to use and learn new ones.

Another milestone for Texter this week was getting her Learner's Permit so she can practice driving. Yep, she's going for her driver's license.


I completed the last blocks for the Almond Country Beauty and the Batman quilt. I am awaiting arrival of the ruler (I needed it!) to square up the blocks and sew them all together. Then it's onto the borders.

In the meantime, I worked on a semi-secret project which is to the point I need to change out thread so I can quilt the pieces and put the pieces together to complete it. 

Beyond a lot of Lady K watching, this week has been occupied with the following...

  • Five books finished up
  • A bit of knitting
  • Picked my "18 Before 2018" to work on
  • Pruned back my avocado seedling to get it to branch out more
  • Orchid Society meeting to discuss the sale and show next month
  • Trip downtown with Savvy and a 'ginger' class (Post on Tuesday about it)
  • Applied for and approved for some at-home work.
  • Big hurdle cleared for the move back to North Carolina (lot sold!)
  • Watering a friend's 
The coming week is a bit quieter, which it needs to be. This is the last week before school starts for Texter and Lady K. Thank goodness! They are both so ready for school to start.

But the coming will start off with a bang!

The SOLAR ECLIPSE!

  • Two meetings with the Orchid Society (and hoping maybe one of my orchids will bloom by show time!)
  • More garden watering (and a post to follow on her garden!)
  • Quilting! (and hoping my new 12.5 x 12.5 ruler arrives)
  • Starting a couple of new work projects
  • More reading!

But for now, Lady K is up and curled up on the floor on the comforter and I need to fill up my coffee cup again!





SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts