I'm Getting Better (When I Remember)

Encouraged by Savvy and supported by Texter, I am trying to get more 'friendly' products, both for home and body. 

Ok, we are aromatherapy enthusiasts. If I had my way (and a generous wallet) I would probably have one of every 'flavor' of essential oil going. Heading into Real Foods or Natural Grocers (our local organic-type stores) is disaster to my budget. 

But I feel so good afterwards!

Like this morning for example.

I was out of 'carpet sprinkle' and Lady K was wanting to assist in vacuuming (who can turn down someone willing to help clean!), but she needed sprinkles. With two big dogs, who hate bathes, sprinkles are essential to cleaning. At least for a tiny bit of time the house smells nice.

So...

I did have baking soda and some essential oil in spearmint, dumped them together in a mason jar and shook it up and proceeded to 'sprinkle' and vacuum. It worked just as good at the other store-bought stuff. 

But...

My latest 'find' is Jojoba Oil!

I read in Botanical Beauty by Aubre Andrus about using it on your nails. I am a lifelong nail nibbler (I never bit them down far, but I was a nail biter). Having acrylic nails, of course, stopped the nail biting, but is damaging to my actual nails and expensive in the long run.

So I had stopped doing the acrylic nails and letting my nails to their thing, which mainly meant breaking (brittle as hell). Even with all the hand lotion I use on a daily basis, it never helped protect my nails. My hands dry out like crazy! And in Montana, with no humidity, even more so. 

Then I started putting a bit of Jojoba Oil on them. Actually, it starts out on my nails and winds up on my hands and arms and rusty old elbows!


I have nails! And I haven't nibbled, chewed or otherwise shortened the length of my nails since.

I have it by my computer and will put a few drops on each hand while reading blogs or watching YouTube videos, and I now have nails which are stronger and longer than ever before!

Cons of Jojoba Oil?

Well, it isn't exactly cheap.

That's it. That's the only thing I can think of about it I don't like.

The pros?

  • A little bit goes a LLLOOONNNNGGGG way. I started this bottle about a month ago and have hardly made a dent in it.
  • Easy absorbed. 
  • Doesn't feel greasy or 'oily'
  • Has a multitude of uses other than my nails. I can mix some with body wash or hair conditioner to help 
  • No scent - so if I want, I can mix an essential oil with it for a fragrance

So I am loving Jojoba. 

Now off to clean the bathroom and kitchen!

Comments

  1. Yay! Jojoba oil is also fantastic for your skin (I do one drop on each cheek) and hair. It really doesn't have a downside! I'm a fan of a lot of good beauty oils, but generally I combine jojoba with a carrier oil (like almond oil). I just got aromatherapy oils from a friend (doTerra roll on oil) so I'm going to be trying them out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts