Food and Fiber Friday - Yarn-ing!


After quite a while not 'feeling' like knitting or crocheting, I am up to my ears in projects. So many that I have made little cards up to keep track of them. 

The above doesn't show the yarn for a shawl for Texter or the 2 pairs of socks for myself. I actually need to get them all other in one spot instead of 3-4 random spots. But I am loving coming home and 'lounging' on my couch, watching TV and doing my thing with yarn!

There is a unicorn hat and a hooded blanket for Lady K. A wrap with pockets for Texter and the untangled skein of yarn for a shawl for a friend. I also have an afghan started which I did 'just because' - one I'm not really invested in. I may have to unravel it and use the yarn for another project. Or finish it up and gift it for Christmas to someone. I can't decide.

I do have 2 more projects in the back of my mind for myself, something I seem to rarely do. Most of my efforts are for other people.




The above is the Papillon shawl by MarinJA - a pattern I have had my eye on for ages. I think I am going to take a class at the fiber festival in October which gives hints and tips on how to knit this wonderful shawl. And maybe, pick out the yarn for it there too.

Another project I am pondering is creating this jacket.




The above is the Festival Cardigan by Suzy Rai. It reminds me of a sweater an aunt knitted decades ago. My uncle was a high school coach and her kids played sports, so she knitted in the stands. She had knitted and gifted a sweater to my mom which I took over. It was bulky and big and I adored it. And this sweater for some reason, calls to me. The only drawback is I can see it being 'taken over' by one of the girls. 

I have the pattern for it, but I need to go through my stash and 'create' my yarn for this project. You combine two strands of lighter weight yarn to make the different colors of bulky yarn. However, I don't want to pull out the bin with some of my yarn as it is buried in the closet. Soon though. Maybe I'll get brave this weekend and do it since it is so hot outside.

Anyway...

I am creating again and loving it. I still need to figure out the whole sewing situation now that Texter is living in my craft room upstairs. But that is definitely on the back burner for a while longer. For now, I'm content with 'sticks and thread'. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts