Seedy Saturday - Look At Them 'Maters!

In the past, it seems I wind up with more cherry-type tomatoes than anything else. So this year I deliberately picked more 'large' tomatoes than just going 'I'll take that one, and that one...'

I am so excited and trying sssoooo hard to be patient. I don't know how much of an overall harvest I'll get this year, but I have several green tomatoes which fill my palm. BIG TOMATOES!













Cherokee Chocolate which will turn a brownish color. 




Ferris Wheel, of which I have 3 plants. So hopefully a lot of big tomatoes.






















Blue's Bling which is on a variegated plant. These are so much larger than the ones I got last year.




Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye will be striped when ripe.



Green Giant which will stay 'green' when ripe.




















This one will be interesting to see what happens as it is a cross between Ferris Wheel and Summer Time Sweet. 





















Emerald Giant, another green tomato.



Another cross which will be a surprise - Blue's Bling x Polish.




















Cancelmo Family Heirloom, a heart shaped tomato.





















Polish, which I am loving because of it's 'dips and curves'. It's supposed to be one of the best tomatoes in taste.

A couple of interesting tomatoes I am waiting to see what they taste like although they are not my 'big' tomatoes.



Mocha Cherry tomato, a beautiful purple and green cherry tomato.


Another dwarf tomato I am growing as part of Seedlinked, Bundaberg Rumball. I have more tomato than plant it looks like. I have several of these plants and the tomatoes are about the size of a ping pong ball. 

I have to say (with fingers crossed and knocking on wood), this year has to be one of the best years for my garden. I have space and sunshine, a double delight. And I'm already planning on expanding my tomato area next year - maybe 75 plants?




Comments

Popular Posts