Week in Review - June 28 - July 4, 2021


Things are certainly growing around here.

Slider had his 'big boy' shot this week, weighing in at 36.8 pounds. Two more months and he has his 'operation'. 

The 'volunteer' sunflower in the tomatoes looked like something from War of the Worlds - a giant eye peeking out over the tomatoes. It's now open and about the size of a dinner plant. Lovely. Now to keep it from the birds and the squirrels for a bit. 

I discovered I have 2 watermelons growing - one of each kind. Now if I can bring them to maturity and they taste good. 

The cone flowers I grew from seed a couple of years ago are finally up and blooming. Looking really lovely. I can't wait to mark out flower beds and move them to a home in the ground. And hopefully they will increase on their own. 

Otherwise this week...
  • Finished out June with 6007 words written for posts
  • Finished three books
  • Got my local library card since I'm in a new county
  • Walked 18.2 miles (but was without my watch a few times)
  • Planned Q3 projects
  • Visited my first yarn store in the Charlotte area in almost 3 years!

This coming week...
  • Pick up Lady K for some time with her before school starts
  • Experience my first Gaston County Library event - Bingo!
  • Dark of the Moon ritual at the end of the week (What do I want to 'grow' in my life?)
  • Do some canning (cucumbers and beans, maybe some jam)
  • Keep an eye on Tropical Storm/Hurricane Elsa for the end of the week
  • Figure out the 'pattern' on something I want to knit

But for now, it's another cup of coffee and getting dressed to go pick up Savvy. They are expecting the delivery of their new stove, so I am picking her up, bringing her to my house for some 'kitty time' and then taking her to work. It's also the first rest day of the Tour de France, so no men in spandex for me today - so I guess I'll do a bit of cleaning!

 

Comments

Popular Posts