Week in Review - July 5 - 11, 2021


Time seems to be racing by!

Tomatoes are starting to ripen. And plans for future garden plans are flying around in my mind. A bit of canning was done, mainly with the white peaches I bought by accident. I got two new plants for the yard and am excited about them - especially my voodoo lily. 

It was inventory time at Savvy's store, so I made a casserole and some brownies for their dinner. It was a truly selfless act. I actually wanted some of each myself, but didn't want the whole thing sitting around the house for me to eat. I'm down about 10 pounds so far, so I didn't need a huge plate of brownies staring at me!

The two big things this past week?

First, Lady K back with us for the week. She is going to be with her dad this school year (going to school with tons of cousins and friends), so we have her this week. The house isn't as quiet as it was. LOL

The second was a chance stop to drop off a Goodwill donation lead me to my new couch! Prior to getting the couch, I had a recliner and a chair with matching ottoman. They really weren't working for me. Or rather they weren't working for me and Slider to be on the same chair. 

The couch is heavy! Carved wooden feet and up the arms of the chair. Lots of cushions. And ample room for both Slider and me. There was also a guy who had left his number with Goodwill to haul items for people. So for $20 he picked up the couch and help us get it into the house. Cost for the couch - $60, which includes the delivery charge. 

I do have a comforter over it. With two cats and a dog getting on it, the couch needs some protection. Now I have to get rid of the recliner. It will probably be set out for bulk garbage pickup in the coming week. It's a bit too stained to donate I feel. I picked it up used in Montana from someone moving, so it's been around.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked almost 20 miles
  • More Tour de France watching
  • Finished two books 
  • Library bingo night and won a book
  • Started two fiber projects (of course, two at one time!)

This coming week...

  • Trip to Elijah Mountain Gem Mine with Lady K
  • Library event - painting!
  • Serious menu planning
  • Tomato seed saving
  • Some garden planning 
  • More knitting!

But for now, it's more coffee and packing a snack box for our trip today. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts