Seedy Saturday - New 'Loves' in the Garden

There are a few things I am growing for the first time this year I am in love with.


This is my Texas Star Hibiscus I got a couple of weeks ago. Huge blooms. Can't wait until next year when it's in the ground and really growing and covered in blooms.

Another new favorite is the Split Second Morning Glory.


They are so 'fluffy' and much more dainty than regular morning glory flowers. I am loving them. Next year I plan on having them in several places around the yard. Maybe growing all along my front fence too.

But my real favorite is...


My Purple Coneflower!

I had grown 1 from seed. It has been in a pot for a couple of years and this is the first year it bloomed. And bloomed it has!

Moving it from a small pot to a large tub, it went crazy. This one plant has at least 2 dozen blooms on it. Best of all are the number of bees and butterflies which are also loving it.


The heat hasn't upset it in the least. I plan on moving it to one of the flower beds in the fall. And I am starting some more in a couple of weeks to move into the garden in the spring. I really want to get some other colors too. 

One of the great things about having a blank canvas of a yard, is I can put anything (and everything) in the garden. My ultimate goal is to have one area in the back corner for Slider and have the rest of the yard nothing but garden. And I'm starting...one plant at a time.









Comments

Popular Posts