Bookish Thursday - Sept-Tober TBR!



Sigh...

My TBR shelves are overflowing. 

Almost...the bottom shelves are some notebook storage and a box holding my knitting and crochet needles, so it's not completely full, but it's getting there. 

And I am getting a bit peeved at myself in that I have a bunch of books I have bought or won and I haven't touched them. I would love to get the shelves down to where I have one shelf of 'unread' and the other one of 'read' books. 

So...

Ignoring the huge stack of library books on my headboard, I decided I need to be a bit more structured in my reading (hahahaha).

There are three books I really want to get read by the end of October.




A Mirror Mended by Alix Harrow has been on my shelf for a few months now as I bought it when it came out. I love her books and this should be a quick read as it is a novella. It continues a storyline started in A Spindle Splintered

by R. F. Kuang is an adult fantasy, Babel, I received from Fairyloot. I am so glad it was the September release. Look at these sprayed edges!




The third book is a real surprise to me, FairyTale by Stephen King. 

I have read a couple of King's books, like The Shining and Carrie. And scared myself so I haven't read any more. But for some reason, this one is really calling to me to read. It also seems the perfect book to read for October. 

Then I have two MUST reads, as I am doing reviews on them in October. 




And they also both seem like they will fall into that spooky, scary theme, perfect for a 'Halloween' read. But hang on, as the reviews will be out in October.

My reading list wouldn't be complete without a couple of nonfiction books. 




Will Write for Food is to help push me toward my current project. Also, having asked Texter to help me edit and be an alpha reader will help me be accountable for getting writing done on a memoir/family cookbook. Can you see what my NaNoWriMo project is for the year? 




I have read several Gail Carriger's novels which are a steampunk fantasy series. This book looks at the trope of the hero's journey from a female perspective and how the male version of that journey is different from how a woman would handle the same journey. It's making a lot of sense, especially since the novel I want to write has a female lead on a journey.

I also have a Robin Hobb on audio I am listening to, mainly at work.




This is book one in a three book series about the Live Ships, which is also part of the Realm of the Elderings series. I am loving it even if I wish I could punch a character in the face.

Then on Kindle, where I literally have hundreds of books I need to read, I decided I would go 'witchy' and read this book...




I am a great believer in manifesting and that you manifest into your life what you think about - good and bad. 

Fingers crossed, I don't scare myself with Stephen King and I get through most, if not all, of these books by the end of September...

along with the library books I have checked out!














Comments

Popular Posts