Week in Review - September 5 - 11, 2022



Lady K was returned on Monday as she had the day off from school for Labor Day. I, on the other hand, am in the middle of a 7 day stretch of work since I will need my birthday weekend off. Lady K will be spending it all with me because Texter and Mr. Cobra have other plans. The two of us are planning a zoo trip.

Anyway...

I am sure everyone is aware of the major event of the week - the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. It's going to be interesting to watch and see what happens in Great Britain with King Charles III. 

The temperatures here have been moderating a tad and Saturday and Sunday have been rainy. Muggy, not exactly cool, and drizzly. My kind of weather if it had been just a bit cooler. 

I did managed to get the text knit hat finished, which went home with Lady K. I asked her to model it and off it went. 

On Wednesday I received a gift from a vacationing co-working - a Nebraska Starbucks mug. I have driven through Nebraska a couple of times going to and from Montana and never got a mug. He was there visiting family and brought me one back! So sweet. 

I have noticed a couple of morning glories I didn't know I had which have sprung up on the porch. They are smaller than the other morning glories and a light blue and a light purple. Interesting and delightful.

A rum cake was made and taken into work and a batch of 'junk' cookies were delivered to work on Sunday. My junk cookies are the chance to use up the odds and ends of nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate chips and the like. I use the standard chocolate chip cookie dough and throw anything in it. They seem to go over well and are often requested. 

I have also started working on a family cookbook. It will be a combination of favorite recipes over the decades, along with stories to accompany them. So a 'memoir cookbook'? More on that in another post.

My book cases in my bedroom were slightly gone through. I really need to read what I have on hand instead of getting mainly library books. So a bit of a 'plan' there.

Otherwise this week...

  • Worked almost 30 hours
  • Canned another 10 quarts of grape juice
  • Made pear preserves for a co-worker and myself
  • Froze corn for future meals

This coming week...

  • Mow the yard!
  • Eye exam and maybe ordering new glasses
  • Working on Q4 plans to finish out the year
  • Going through my blog from 2009 to present to check for any missed recipes for the cookbook
  • Back to sewing on my Block of the Month, Wandering Star and Mariner's Compass

But for now, off to work.

 

Comments

Popular Posts