Week(s) in Review - August 22 - September 4, 2022



Boy, how time flies by!

Work has been crazy, but fun. While I have been keeping my hours down, over the past couple of months the number of hours I've been working has been increasing. At first, I was fighting it. However, I have all kinds of 'stuff' I want to do, so the additional money makes me happy. So instead of fighting it, I am going to embrace the abundance coming my way.

One reason the amount of fruit and veggies we have been cutting is increasing is the number of apartments they have opened and opening near us. Just up the street 500 new apartments have been built and are filling up. Across the street is a complex of close to 1000 apartments. So it looks like my time at work will be greater. And as I want a pressure canner for one thing, those extra hours aren't too bad.

My yard and garden looks like crap however. And I can't blame it all on the additional time I am working. Heat is the big culprit. But hopefully things will moderate and I can get out in the yard in the afternoons without dropping from heat stroke. 

Otherwise the past two weeks...

  • A dozen jars of tomato sauce canned
  • 6 quarts of grape juice canned
  • 4.5 pints of peach preserves
  • 5 stores on the Quilt Shop Hop visited
  • Test knit for a cap just about finished up
  • Picked up Lady K and have her overnight as she is out of school on Labor Day
  • Started a 'secret' writing project
  • Finished 8 books (4 were on audio so I could listen to at work and commuting)
  • Ordered by Hobonichi planners for 2023
  • Made a rum cake and took most of it work

This coming week...

  • Taking Lady K back home
  • Get my pressure canner (hopefully) so I can process A LOT of corn
  • Clean up and reorganize the kitchen
  • Finish up the hat and, maybe, do matching fingerless gloves

But in the meantime, since I'm off work today, it's another cup of coffee and into the kitchen to empty out the cabinets to clean and reorganize (and finish canning another 3-4 quarts of tomatoes).


 

Comments

Popular Posts