Week in Review - September 19 -25, 2022



Well...

The week is starting out watching weather to see what happens with Hurricane Ian this coming week. It looks like the coming weekend will be a bit rainy. Just how much rain and wind remains to be seen.

Anyway...

The past week was pleasantly busy. Monday and Tuesday was work, home and then off to one of the branch libraries for an art program. Monday was making twine pumpkins. Super easy and fun. Tuesday was acrylic pours. Fun and I was hopeful I would get the 'cells' I was looking for, but it really didn't happen. So not sure what I am going to do next in order to get the look I am going for. 

Wednesday was also a work day. Then I took Texter to go pick up her kitten. Yep, she got a kitten all of her own. And so far, I don't think the kitten's paws have touched the ground, Texter is carrying her around. 

I switched to AT&T internet on Thursday, which turned into a whole day event due to equipment being damaged at the pole. But it's in and I'm enjoying it. My TV and streaming is going much, much better.

Friday was another work day and with the weather so nice, I was able to come home and get the yard mowed. Now I have to clean out garden beds...sigh. 

Then, with the weather turning fall-like, I wanted some fall comfort food. However, it's just me at home and they made up more than I wanted to eat and I don't have room in the freezer for more. I knew I could cut the recipes in half (at least). Then I put forth a proposal to Miss Texas in Raleigh. I would make up the recipes and give her half and we could meet up halfway to hand off food. 

Since her husband is buried here in Gastonia, she opted to drive all the way to my house on Saturday so she could put the flowers she had ordered and have been at my house for several months now (they are artificial) on his grave.

We had a delightful time, catching up a bit, driving outside of town to the cemetery and laying the flowers and lunch out. So we both have plenty of food for the next week (or two). Adding a salad and microwaving the casseroles and we are set for dinner. I'm glad I thought about sharing.

Sunday was a work day and then home to rest a bit and do some cross stitch. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 3 books
  • Walked 21 miles (need to ramp that up)
  • Worked on the family cookbook some
  • Reset my altar for fall and the new moon
  • Made a Starbucks knock-off for pumpkin spice chai tea latte (so good!)
  • Rearranged the living room a bit 
  • 3 posts written

This coming week...

  • Finish up Q4 plans and set up Kanban board
  • 'Hurricane Watch'
  • Eye appointment (hopefully) 
  • Setting up Prep-tober
  • Start registering for auditing UNC-Charlotte classes

But in the meantime, it's more coffee and then working on my Q4 plans.


 

Comments

Popular Posts