Writing Wednesday - Prepping for 2023!



Back in February or March, Hobonichi released a planner cover in conjunction with the Tokyo National Museum based on '36 Views of Mt. Fuji' by Hokusai Katsushika. I love these prints and so wanted the planner cover based on one of them. But I couldn't justify buying it 'just because'. I kept my fingers crossed it would be available with the September release of the 2023 planners.

IT WAS!

Up on 01 September to place my order and I received it from Japan on the 12th. Not a bad turn around, especially these days for international shipping. 

In addition to my regular planner and the purse planner I carry, I also had to get another 5-year journal as I will have filled my other one by the end of 2022. It's chunky and wonderful and I love those little glimpses of what has happened. But more on that in another post.

I also picked up the set of the prints as postcards. 

The Japanese do know how to make something like a set of postcards feel so elegant. They came in a little box which folds open and is fastened shut with a little piece of faux bone. I also ordered a roll of washi tape based on the prints. 

What is really fun are this year's exclusive gifts for ordering directly from Hobonichi. The first is one of my favorite pens - a 3-color pen in brown and navy. And the other gift is a cloth bag with 2023 printed on the outside. 

The premise is you can use the bag to store your journal or to carry it around in. Another idea was to collect 'stuff' throughout the year and to put it in the bag. With Lady K and I planning a road trip during spring break, I think one of them will be used to collect stuff from the trip in it. The other I will use for myself during the year (I think). It would be interesting to see what all I put in the bag at the end of the year - kind of an annual time capsule in a bag.

 

Comments

Popular Posts