Food and Fiber Friday - Quilt Shop Hop to Date

The All Carolinas Quilt Shop Hop started on the 1st of September and I have managed to squeeze in 5 stops so far. And once I am past the weekend of the 16th, it will be full steam ahead on visiting shops with some planned day trips. 

Shops I have visited have for the most part, ones I have already visited and use frequently. Plus, I have told myself I would try to buy at least 1 fat quarter from each store I visit.  Plus, each store will have a 4x4 square with their store info on it for each 'hopper'. I have a plan in mind for what I am going to do with mine. So here is how it's gone so far.




I visited Carolina Cotton Company in Kings Mountain. They are a huge online sales company and didn't have very many fat quarters pre-cut. I am sure they would have been more than happy to do so, as they are always so nice and friendly and helpful. But it was after work and I was tired and got my 'passport' stamped and checked out a couple of collections for future reference and left.

The first store I stopped for the hop was We're Sew Creative. They are located just a few minutes from my work, so it was a no brainer to swing in there on the way home. What was fun is they have a wheel to spin for discounts and freebies. Unfortunately, I won nothing that day. Due to their proximity to work and how nice they are, they will be a regular stop, hop or not.

Just Sew Happy was another stop near me. However, their square wasn't in yet. 




Probably the nearest store to me (as in about a 10 minute drive in traffic), is Sew Much Fun. The really nice part is they give you a selection of fat quarters as a gift to pick from. And a pattern. In addition, their sale fabrics were 50% off. I picked up 2 yards of a coordinating fabric to a 1 yard piece I already have. It will go into a quilt for Texter in the future. 




Then came a new-to-me shop in Newberry, South Carolina - Quilt Werks. And as it turns out, only about 15 minutes from where Lady K is with her dad. And the downtown area where they are located looks so cute and I have already spied a couple of shops I want to visit, so definitely a return visit will be made. Especially since they are giving out $10 off $60 coupon you can use 2 times through December!

I bought 4 fat quarters, as they were buy-3-get-1-free. I found 2 Tula Pink fat quarters, 1 cat and 1 moon and stars batik. On their sale rack I found another cat fabric (for Savvy) and a panel of an iris which I plan on putting on stretcher bars and hang over my bed. And they have a wheel to spin and I won a pair of little snips. With all my knitting, crocheting, needlework and quilting, I can't ever have enough snips!

My plans are in a couple of weeks to make a day trip and hit up several other stores and do this weekly through October, getting in as many stores as I can. Needless to say, I am having a ball already. 






Comments

Popular Posts