Week in Review - February 20 - 26, 2023



While the past couple of days have been a bit grey and chilly and damp, which is a bit of a downer after the 70's earlier in the week. 

But Mother Nature is moving forward anyway. 

On my way to pick up Lady K on Friday, I pass by a couple of peach orchards and they are a lovely pink. I can't wait for my Contender and Elberta peach trees in my front yard to leaf out. I know there probably will not be any blooms or fruit this year, but I can see the buds are getting ready to open and leaf out. 

My Toka Plum is in first place to open up and leaf out. Hopefully, my apple trees will not be far behind. And the blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are doing their thing in the back. So exciting.

However, I did get some sad news right after taking my mid-term test. Noel, the whippet-pit mix we have had since 2007 was laid to rest. We joked for several years she would never die, because she was like the energizer bunny. We figure she was close to 20 years old since she was full grown when we rescued her. So her life was pretty good I figure.

My house is filling up with seedlings, but luckily Mother Nature is warming up a bit next week and I can start moving some of the seedlings out on the porch. Because I have at least 3 flats which are getting ready to move into cups and 2 more flats of seeds to be sown. 

This coming week...

  • Spring break for me! So no school on Tuesday and Thursday.
  • Pallets to improve my compost heap
  • Chicken wire to start my sweet peas and spring peas
  • Mowing the yard
  • Stream more of the Murdaugh Murder Trial 

But for now, it's more coffee and off to work.



 

Comments

Popular Posts