Food and Fiber Friday - Works in Progress August, 2023

It's hot outside.

And humid.

Damn hot and humid.

Therefore, my butt is staying inside as much as possible. 

So...




In doing some room rearranging and finishing up a baby blanket, I unearthed pulled out three projects which I want to finish up. Two cross stitch pictures and one knitted wrap. 

Looking at the wrap, I am not sure why I wanted these colors. I think I liked the dark variegated yarn and tried to get some complimentary colors. Hopefully, I like it more once it is finished. But the knitting is fun as it is a sampler of different stitches and it keeps it interesting. 

The 'Willow Queen' on the right hand side is almost completed. However, I made the decision to do the face over one thread rather than the normal two threads. It is supposed to make the faces 'nicer'. Bad decision. I'm hating that part. Then it will be a lot of beading. 

Somewhere in the house is a 'Witch' I want to find and finish up. And a fox. I'm not sure where they have gotten to. Maybe they ran off together? Interesting premise - The Witch and the Fox. The Fox's Witch? The Witch's Fox? Might need to explore than more.

Hopefully, I will get the wrap and the one cross stitch piece done by the end of the year. I would also like to the cross stitch on the top left done too, but that might be a bit optimistic. After all, when the weather does cool off (if it ever does), I will be outside working on the garden and some planes I have.

But for now, it is sheltering inside and writing, knitting and overall attempting to be creative. And no sweating!





Comments

Popular Posts