Week in Review - August 7 - 13, 2023



Ok, can I say I a sssoooo over summer? 

I don't like the heat. I don't like the humidity either.

My veggie garden is the pits. I can't mow, because even doing it in little chunks, it's too hot for me. And I'm blaming the dogs too. They can't take the heat either. And I can't move a 100 pound dog if they drop from heat stroke. And they have to be outside if I'm outside. 

But the week has been super busy. My drama-queen co-worker is now completely out. Texter started working with me on Friday. It is wonderful to have someone who helps, rather than someone who walks around and says she's working. 

Monday, which was my day off, was spent walking around Ikea. I have this 'idea' for redoing my living room in 2024. I want to repaint. The current grey is 'trendy', but overdone. And it's a cold grey. I'm over it. I want a sage green tone. Think of the picture above. Something along those tones.

Actually, what I am aiming for is a 'dark academia library-ish' living room. I have two walls I want bookcases on and the trip to Ikea was to look and plot out price. While at Ikea I had lunch - Swedish Meatballs! Once home, we had a few evening thunderstorms, which was really nice.

Tuesday was a bit of time sitting at Starbucks before work. Currently, my go-to drink is an iced Chai Latte with one pump of mocha. However, they were giving out samples of chai latte, but with Salted Caramel Cold Foam. I'm in love. However, Pumpkin Spice time is just around the corner. I am will feel the need to go back to my Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe I found last year.

I made one of my 'boys' a Chocolate Bar Pie for his birthday. Well, actually two. One for him and one for the rest of the crew. I followed it up with Banana Monkey Bread the next day. 

Otherwise, it's been work, work, work. My normal work week is 25-30 hours. Anything much more kicks my butt. I logged 37 hours last week. Plus I picked up Lady K for the weekend with her mom, which is 2 hours in each direction. I'm wiped. 

I did manage to clean out my bedroom closet. It's not the clothes. I really don't have all that much in the closet. What is the mess is the shelf over the rod and the floor - filled with 'stuff'. So I cleared it all out, sorted through it, got rid of two bags of stuff to go to Goodwill, and have projects out where I work on them. 

This coming week...

  • Corporate is visiting our store on Wednesday (they are from overseas). So a lot of sprucing up our area.
  • Annual check-up
  • One day off will be spent as follows...
    • Take car in for condenser recall repair
    • Take 7 years worth of planners into a shop for her to take pictures of them
    • Depending on the time, go for a writing meet-up
    • An evening meet-up - 'Drunk Journaling' 
  • Herb Society Meeting
  • Great Southeast Pollinator Census this weekend

But for now (since it's the afternoon/evening), I'm doing a bit of office area tidying up and moving some bulletin boards around on the walls. Then some time 'playing' with digital calendars. Early to bed as I have an early day tomorrow. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts