Bookish Thursday - One Week In

Some of the books I selected for my August TBR I was actually reading on at the very end of July - so sue me! 

Anyway, an update of my August TBR list. Please note, when I abandon a book, 99% of the time it is because of my mood at the moment. It just isn't doing it for me to continue. It doesn't have anything to do with the writing or the content - it's all me. Does that sound like a bad break-up excuse? 




I finished listening to book two - Golden Son - in the Red Rising series. At 19 hours, it works really nice to listen to it while driving to/from work and at work itself. I'm now ready to start book three in the series. But I want to listen to Jade War before I start on that book. I am on hold for the audio book at the present time. 

One book I started reading on, I have misplaced.




I can't find The Heroine's Journey. I really, really want to figure out what I did with it. I know I picked it up to read on and laid it down. I just need to remember where. Especially since I want to use it in a post on writing my novels. Sigh...




I abandoned three books, finished two books and am reading on three books. Once I finish up the two books I am currently reading, I will only have three books in THIS stack of books from the library to read. 

And then there are four books on the shelf to be read which are my books. Two I have already started, I just need to finish. So I am hopeful I can whittle down that stack this month. 

So far this month I have three books which were 'free to me' - I either got free from the library or won on Goodreads. And I have a stack of library books - of which I will not reveal how many are in that stack at the present time - I will filter in. 

I am counting my Kindle reading a win. I finished one book! Or actually, a novella.




So four books finished, three books DNF, and one book misplaced.  I'm happy with my progress and I'm only 9 days into the month. 

Let's see if I can keep it up.







Comments

Popular Posts