Weeks in Review - July 24 - August 6, 2023



Yes, the past couple of weeks have been WILD! 

And most of it centered around work.

Long story short, for the past two years I have been working with a 'Jersey Girl Italian' who is a couple of years older than myself. She is also the Queen of Drama - mainly focused on her family. And over the past couple of years I have been absorbing all the negativity and ignorance she spouted on a daily basis.

Finally, I snapped. Literally snapped.

Over two days I did yell at her to shut up and that my 'mood' is all her fault. I tried to explain why I felt that way and was met with 'I never did that' and 'how can I be negative, I'm always smiling'. 

Luckily, she is phasing herself out of the job and moving to the house she bought a year ago which her youngest son (40) and two teenage grandkids are living in. They can all be toxic together. 

As a result of only working with her for maybe 15 minutes over the past week, the change in me, physically and mentally, is a couple 180. I have more energy. My mood is SSSOOO much better. I'm happier!

I was also so thrilled to find out what I was feeling was legitimate as other people around me echoed what I had been feeling.

Anyway...

Over the past two weeks I did the following...

  • A day trip to Cary to eat breakfast at Farmer's Market with Miss Texas 
  • Found out a Montana friend will now be a Florida friend
  • Finished a baby blanket
  • Hobonichi reveal started for 2024 planners
  • Celebrated Lammas by making Sausage Rolls

And the two important things?

  • Savvy is pregnant and due date (at this point) is February 15!
  • Texter is getting married on September 25!

This week brings the following...

  • Enjoying my newfound energy and happiness
  • Writing meet-up at a new-to-me coffee shop
  • Registering for an Extension Master Gardener symposium in October
  • Buying Mannheim Steamroller ticket for December concert
  • Picking up Lady K and hearing about her first week as a 5th grader

But for now, it's my day off and I have a long, long list of things to do. So more coffee and start ticking off things from the list. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts