Home and Garden Friday - Harvesting Continues



Last Tuesday I finally made it out into the garden for another harvest. 

Much to my surprise, considering how I kept the tree under a microscope, I had a third pear! And after the rain we had over the prior days, I picked up the last 2 peaches. The tree is bare of fruit and I am relieved as I have dealt with all the white peaches I want to deal with. 

Tomatoes went into a pot with ones I had harvested prior. The outcome was 3 quarts of some really good spaghetti sauce. It was especially good when I dipped a slice of freshly baked Italian bread into it. And I don't normally like dipping bread into liquids. 

I have canned salty dill pickles and made sweet 'gherkins'. So I may try some sweet pickles with another recipe. 

Not pictured, was the basket full of elderberry clusters. Last year I made syrup, but this year I dried the berries. I may add a few into hot teas I make throughout the year. 

The few peppers I have harvested I will probably dry and grind up into my own 'paprika'. Will have to see. 

But, so far this year, I have harvested 177.41 pounds of produce out of my garden. So I am pleased, especially since I haven't done much more than plant, water and harvest. 

Now, however, it is time to start redoing in the yard for a fall garden. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts