Week In Review - June 4 - 10


And this is where I stopped...

After pulling out the sewing machine and starting on my Almond Country Quilt, I cut out 6 project bags for my knitting. I got the three different fabrics on each one sewn into one long strip and then stopped. They will be done in the coming week.


Made a couple of fruit tarts - one for Texter and the other for Savvy to take to work. Problem? Didn't realize Savvy's manager allergic to strawberries!

Received a bunch of rhubarb. Now to make some jams.

Needed an ironing board and a friend came to my rescue. Along with several quilting books on Lone Star quilts (one of my favorites) and a mini-pressing board for beside my sewing machine. AND the use of her quilting machine in the future. Her studio is Aladdin's Cave of goodness and we got to spend a few minutes catching up before she heads off to Maine for visit friends and family.


  • Graduation party for an outstanding young man from high school
  • Lots of goofy-ness with Lady K. 
  • Drinking coffee and watching the antics at the bird feeder
  • Finished 3 books
  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Didn't walk near enough or go to the gym...sigh


The BIG event, at least for me, was my first Fiber Festival! A lovely drive down to Hamilton, Montana for the Big Sky Fiber Festival. But more on that on Tuesday! 


And for this week...

  • Block 2 of the Almond Country and Batman blocks
  • Finish up the project bags
  • Knit on my Joji Mystery Wrap
  • Lady K starts swim lessons!
  • Local Quilt Store Shop Hop starts (any excuse to buy fabric!)
  • More active time!
  • Register for a drop spindle class at the Copper K Fiber Festival in July
  • Syrups class at Gulch Distillers 

But for now, off for more coffee and to find a sweater (it's nippy this morning!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts