Positive Thursday - It's the Little Things

Monday I went and got a flu shot.

Tuesday, my throat started feeling scratchy.

Wednesday, from my neck up, I felt like crap.

Today I blame the flu shot.

I know, I know. It's not the shot, but I have to put the blame somewhere.

So instead, I will count the little things and try and set aside the runny nose, scratchy throat and stuffed ears.


 

How can you not feel cheerful with this massive bunch of blooms on this one plant? (Yes, I need to spray it down as I see some mealy bugs, but...)

And when I look closely at the flowers they have almost a glitter-like sheen. So nice to view while waiting for hot coffee to brew.

Its fellow plant in the window is "Cindy", the one African Violet leaf from my dear friend which made the trip successfully from Montana. It's variegated and starting to show its 'spots'. I need to find a real pot and better soil for it soon.


And speaking of Cindy, I received a huge box from the real Cindy, who I know have to refer to as Miss Director of Artistic Planning, or Miss DAP! 

In it was a large cat teapot with a sugar bowl and creamer. And she included a couple of 'rejects' of which this is one...


It's a mauve/purple and blue and one of two bowls I received. Texter eyed this as we opened the box. I may be losing one to her room.

This morning, as I fondled it awaiting my coffee to finish up, I think I need to redo my altar for the fall and gather a few acorns this morning to add to the setup and move items from a small bowl to this larger one. I think some strong eucalyptus aromatherapy is in order today too.

Finally, yesterday as I dragged my aching self around on a couple of errands before going home to work (yes, I have work-from-home which pays real money), I discovered this at Whole Foods.


First off, I now know I need to use the greater amount of water it recommends as it is GINGER otherwise and carries a great fresh ginger bite. And the honey in its little granules is just enough even I don't need to add more. But it is definitely Ginger tea.

These are all small things. But each one makes me smile and takes my mind off my stuffed head for a few minutes.

But for now, more hot coffee for my sore throat! (I'll switch to tea shortly.)

Comments

Popular Posts