Week In Review - September 30 - October 6

Shoot me!

Just shoot me now!

So Monday, Texter, who had been feeling bad went to the minute clinic at Target to find out she had bronchitis. Joy! She went ahead and got her flu shot while she was there.

I decided to do the same. 

Tuesday I had a scratchy throat. Wednesday, my ears were stuffed up and my throat felt worse. By Saturday...

Well, let's just say take enough cold medicine and you just sit in a chair, watching episodes of Dancing Queen on Netflix. (The show is great, the tissues up my nose, not so much.)

But the sunrise has been nice a couple of days this past week, even if the bus for the school route has been switched up a couple of times, confusing both the kids and parents.




I love the little sliver of crescent moon. Looks like the Cheshire Cat is hiding up there.

And since I 'killed' the sourdough starter I brought with me from Montana, I started a new one based on Joshua Weissman's instructions. I have to say I am impressed as yesterday (Day 2) it doubled in size easily. 

Last week, we trotted out to the Carolina Rennaissance Festival for a Ren Faire Fix.


I was anticipating making another Elizabethan outfit for Savvy, but since she is no longer part of any Royal Court, her requests are much different (and much more fun). 

My new work from home job started in earnest this week. Unfortunately, feeling like crap has made it a bit of a chore. I had hoped to be done by Saturday with maxing out my hours, but that didn't happen. 

Otherwise this week...
  • Received large box from Montana with a cat teapot, complete with creamer and sugar bowl. Those have been given to Savvy along with a stash of tea. The box also had a couple of bowls from JMac's Pottery and seeds from the gardens of friends. Plenty of hollyhocks and coneflowers.
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Finished 6 books
  • Mailed out 3 letters
  • Took my vitamins 5 out of 7 days
  • Watched Jurassic Park: Fallen World. I can see another movie coming down the road. Just hope they keep Chris Pratt and Blue.
  • A tiny bit of cross stitching with trying to get in 26 hours of work with a head cold 
  • Ordered my Hobonichi planners for 2019!

This coming week...
  • More NaNoWriMo prep - I need to start on my outline
  • My Hobonichi order should be arriving
  • Taking cuttings from a coleus and set them to root
  • Pot up some basil seedlings
  • Repot my 'Cindy' African Violet
  • More stitching on Electra
  • Continue with my sourdough starter
  • Find some sweet rice flour for mochi

But for now, more DayQuil washed down with hot coffee or cold ice tea.







Comments

Popular Posts