Week in Review - October 7 - 13

The weather has FINALLY hit a bit of fall. The past couple of days (after the passage of Hurricane Michael) have been in the low 70's and at night, in the 50's. I am loving it!

Of course, they have had snow in Montana already. Part of me is missing it.

Anyway...

With fall comes the North Carolina State Fair. It's something we missed while not here. Not that we went every year when we lived here, but it was so big and so much fun. During my unpacking in May of the items which I had in storage, I came up with some of my ribbons from past fairs for jams and jellies and needlework. 

Texter and Lady K left early Saturday morning with Mr. Race Car to meet up with Texter's dad and stepmother for a visit to the fair. It was Lady K's first time at the fair. Well, she had been to a small, regional fair in Montana when she was a baby, but this was her first FAIR.

I stayed at home, still trying to rid myself of this whatever I have and enjoying the peace and quiet while trying to get some time in on my work-from-home job. That sort of happened. The peace and quiet, but not so much the writing end. I did a lot of napping.

But I got something from the fair.


Turkey legs! 

Texter actually brought back two for me, still warm and all wrapped up in foil. Since I can gnaw on one all week, I am thinking I am going to grab some chicken stock and make a small batch of turkey leg soup with the other one. It sounds really good right now.

What I did manage to do was to work on my 2019 planners. I hadn't planned on doing it until later in the year, but once I got started, I was on a roll. You can view the results on Tuesday's post.

This week I did manage to get the leaves I was sent from Montana potted up in little pots so hopefully, they will happily root and give me flowering plants in the next few months. Right now I'll just be glad if I don't kill them. But they are sitting on my desk, under the light so I can keep an eye on them.


The bad thing about not feeling up to snuff are having cravings and last week I wanted ice cream so bad. With promises to bring back something for Texter and Lady K, I drove around the corner to CookOut Burger. This is not something you want to see when you pull into a fast food place...


In a spiritual meaning, vultures symbolize resourcefulness, patience, and purification. Since I have been seeing them quite often lately, I think I need to do a bit of thinking on why they are showing up in my life so much these days. Actually, I really like vultures and watching them soar for ages without having to flap their wings. So a bit of contemplation this coming week.

Otherwise this past week...

  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Finished 5 books
  • Made Steamed Buns with Sweet Red Bean filling and attempted mochi
  • Some prep done for NaNoWriMo
  • A tiny bit of cross stitching
  • Mailed out 5 cards to friends

The coming week will bring...

  • Hopefully maxing out my hours on my work-from-home job Monday-Friday
  • Open interview for a part-time job at the mall
  • More writing prep
  • More stitching on Electra and finally unpicking the Villains quilt 
  • Menu planning

But for now I need more coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts