Tuesday Sundries - It Doesn't Rain, It Pours!

I shouldn't be complaining about rain having made it through two hurricanes in the past couple of months. But the rain I'm talking about is the 'rain' from too many things I want to do and only a finite amount of time to do them in!


I am feeling like a bit of a juggler these days.

To back up a bit, savings were exhausted with the move. I wanted another job (or two) in order to feel like we were staying afloat, not robbing Peter to pay Paul and to start building savings back up. We/I would like to buy a house in the next couple of years among other things. 

And then it happened.

I qualified for another work-from-home position. I can work anywhere from 10 hours to 26 hours a week. It only pays $9 an hour, but it is fairly easy, just time-consuming.

But I felt like I need just a bit more. Plus, the work from home idea is great, but I actually miss interacting with real people! And I spend all my time sitting. I need get to get up and move. Go figure.

After putting in for jobs at Food Lion, Target and the like, I actually received an offer from GameStop! An excuse to play video games! How cool is that? (Can I do a tax write-off on video gaming platforms and games? It's job-related after all.)

I finish up the paperwork today at GameStop and should start actually working there this week. I can't wait to have fun through the holidays and, fingers crossed, I can continue after the holidays.

My problem is how to juggle the hours I want to do in my work-from-home jobs, getting as many hours as I can at GameStop (no more than 20 a week), NaNoWriMo, needlework, quilting, and 'free time'. I really want to do a day trip to the beach in the next few weeks.

NaNoWriMo is a must-do for me. I have this idea in my mind and bits on paper and I need Laurel Greycliff and her fae friends out of my head and onto paper. Work, of course, is a must. I want to do at least 40 hours a week between the jobs. 

The annual mystery quilt, which occurs in November, I will drop. I have 'played' along the past couple of years, but have yet to finish those tops so I won't start it this year. I felt a bit of the load drop when I made that decision. It's amazing how we can put self-imposed burdens on ourselves.

But the upside, at least for me, is once I get a schedule from GameStop, I need to do some actual planning and scheduling to be sure I get things accomplished I want to do and need to do.

Yes, it's raining, but I always have loved rainy days!




Comments

Popular Posts