Week in Review - October 21 - 27

Whew!

Another week has flown by! And it has been interesting, especially the past couple of days.


I am now officially back in North Carolina and officially entitled to bitch about politics (and there is a lot to bitch about these days). 

My plan to work during the week and take the weekend off from 'work' isn't going all that well. With Texter at home job hunting, I find myself running out doing errands during the week. And I did have a couple of hours of training at GameStop this week. I can't wait to start working there!

But I have been a bit put out with myself for not getting more work done during the week. I hate telling Lady K to 'go away, I'm working' when she is at home. So more effort will be put into scheduling my time better. We did snuggle down last night and watch The Crocodile Hunter - The Best of Steve Irwin.  His kids are now in their teens and they are starting a show featuring them. Savvy, Texter and I spent many an evening together while they were growing up watching their dad's show.

I found out last week the manager at Savvy's GameStop is expecting his first child, so I had to make a quilt. Yes, I HAD to! Couldn't help myself.


A flannel blanket to throw on the floor, in the stroller, in the stroller...to use and abuse. We have one I made before Savvy was born and it's still going strong. A bit faded, but still in good shape. 

However, I now have enough flannel left over for another quilt or two - baby sized. I think since I have the fabric cut into strips is to make a herringbone quilt using a quilt-as-you-go pattern. It's a pattern I have been wanting to make and now I have an excuse to make it.

The weather has been cooler this week. So I now have company in bed more. It's not because of me personally. It's because I have a heated mattress pad. I keep it on the bed all year because there are times I want to have it on for my back. I like my room cool (ok, Texter says cold) regardless of the time of the year. 


And during one of our errand runs this week, I used my 'free' drink at Starbucks to try their Witches Frappuccino. It's purple - a plus. And green - another plus. And supposed to taste like an orangecicle. 


And it does - sort of. 

Texter and I discussed the fact it seems to be our 'thing' to try all the special frappuccinos Starbucks come out with. It's nice to have a 'thing' with your child.

But speaking of Texter...

Thursday afternoon she dyed her hair to cover up where the red she currently had in her hair was fading and growing out. She dyed it back to brown, mainly because we had a box in the closet. It was done and washed out by the time Lady K was due home from school. 

Unfortunately, in collecting Lady K, they stopped to talk to a neighbor and were swarmed by ants. In the process of getting ants off Lady K, ants attacked Texter and she was bitten several times on her arms, neck and hair. Don't ask. I can't figure it out myself. 

However, because she had just dyed her hair and then she went in and rinsed out her hair again to be sure she had all the ants out, her bites were doused with dye and got infected. By the next day, the left side of her face was swelling. I was calling her 'Frankenhead'. Mr. Race Car took her to the ER that evening and apparently their response was 'OH!' and a course of antibiotics and steroids.

She's feeling better, but the drugs make her tired. At least her head isn't swollen as much.

Otherwise this week...

  • 5 posts written
  • 5 books finished
  • Lady K had her first school trip
  • Drew cards for a friend and sent her a letter on an issue she is having
  • Took my vitamins for 5 straight days!
  • Worked on a '90-Day-Focus' planning session (more on that later)

The coming week...
  • Gather items for a Samhain ritual on the 31st
  • Start NaNoWriMo and hopefully attend a write-in or two
  • Finalize pre-planning for NaNoWriMo novel
  • Pull cards for November
  • Go to an 'Enlighten Up!' event about tarot, etc
  • Order a special Hobonichi for myself and a friend (yes, I'm ordering again!)

But in the meantime, more coffee, getting a few things done before I take Lady K for a 'nature walk' at the park this afternoon.





Comments

Popular Posts